Skip to main content

Featured

"Queen of spades" cropped cardigan in Tunisian Crochet

THE MAKING OF A LOVELY CARDIGAN IN TUNISIAN CROCHET In the last little while, as you may have noticed, I have been working on an ambitious project: the creation of a Tunisian crochet garment, using a leaf motif (or "spades", as I preferred to call it) already seen in some wonderful knitting projects. First, I thought about replicating the spade pattern in Tunisian crochet, which was not difficult, as I have created similar patterns before - you can find them, for example, in these projects of mine: Leaf it On Shawl , Leaf it On Scarf , Leaf it On Cowl .  Leaf it On Scarf Next, I thought it best to make a garment that had a simple workmanship, i.e. worked flat, and not in the round, to avoid, at least initially, over-complicating the design. A cardigan, therefore, was the best choice. Next, I chose a yarn that I liked and opted for a fine multicoloured yarn. This was the result: "QUEEN OF SPADES" - THE CAL! I liked the finished garment very much, and so did you, whic

FREE PATTERN: CROCHET COWL IN ALIGNED COBBLE STITCH

FREE PATTERN FOR ALL NEW SUBSCRIBERS


I have never released a free pattern before. Sad, but true. I started selling crochet products on Etsy so it came natural to me, when I started writing patterns, to sell those, too. And that’s what I still do. But now that I am embarking on a new adventure, I really wanted to come up with a great gift idea to thank all people who willingly decide to follow me and my activity by subscribing to my blog and accepting to receive my newsletter. What better gift to people who are obviously passionate about crochet… than a free crochet pattern? 

free pattern crochet cowl aligned cobble
Crochet Cowl in Aligned Cobble Stitch

CROCHET COWL IN ALIGNED COBBLE STITCH

I am sure you will like the pattern I have chosen for you as a gift: first, it is a cowl. Now, we all love to crochet cowls, don’t we? I certainly do! And not only because it is winter and we need to keep warm, but personally I adore the very form of cowls, as opposed to scarves: you don’t need to do any wrapping (scarves), you just put them on (cowls) and they stay comfortably in place, keeping you warm cosily and not falling off your shoulders (scarves, again). Also, as a crocheter, I like a pattern that allows me to create a useful item quickly (a cowl is smaller than a scarf), using a reasonably small amount of yarn; most of all, I like patterns that do not bore me after awhile and that help me create something beautiful. All of these reasons make this pattern special: the aligned cobble stitch (ever heard of it? Curious to learn it? Don’t worry, it’s VERY easy) produces an amazing 3D texture; the gradient shade of the yarn I have chosen (you can choose a similar one in your favourite colour) makes it “interesting” without being “extravagant”. Can’t wait to start with it?

free pattern crochet cowl aligned cobble



YOU HAVE SUBSCRIBED, NOW WHAT?


What happens when you subscribe and how can you receive the free pattern for the crochet cowl in aligned cobble stitch? By subscribing using the form below (or the pop-up form), you will receive a welcome email with a link to the free PDF pattern of the cowl (click on the FREE PATTERN link and the pattern should open) and you will receive regular emails from me, Hookloopsarah, with news regarding my activity: crochet products, new pattern releases, links to videos, crochet tips and tricks, and more. I can’t wait to welcome you in the Hookloopsarah world!

free pattern crochet cowl aligned cobble
Crochet Cowl in Aligned Cobble Stitch


6ce33b4d7919324ec12025273d091cfe

Comments

Popular Posts