Skip to main content

Featured

"Queen of spades" cropped cardigan in Tunisian Crochet

THE MAKING OF A LOVELY CARDIGAN IN TUNISIAN CROCHET In the last little while, as you may have noticed, I have been working on an ambitious project: the creation of a Tunisian crochet garment, using a leaf motif (or "spades", as I preferred to call it) already seen in some wonderful knitting projects. First, I thought about replicating the spade pattern in Tunisian crochet, which was not difficult, as I have created similar patterns before - you can find them, for example, in these projects of mine: Leaf it On Shawl , Leaf it On Scarf , Leaf it On Cowl .  Leaf it On Scarf Next, I thought it best to make a garment that had a simple workmanship, i.e. worked flat, and not in the round, to avoid, at least initially, over-complicating the design. A cardigan, therefore, was the best choice. Next, I chose a yarn that I liked and opted for a fine multicoloured yarn. This was the result: "QUEEN OF SPADES" - THE CAL! I liked the finished garment very much, and so did you, whic

CROCHET ROUND DOORKNOB COVERS: Free Pattern!

Ever thought of this simple, yet clever idea? Crochet doorknob covers! 

crochet doorknob covers
crochet doorknob covers

CROCHET DOORKNOB COVERS - A CLEVER DECOR IDEA


I know for sure that sometimes there are "life-saving" accessories we would never think of. Personally, I don't remember how I came up with the idea of a doorknob cover. All I know is that the main door of my apartment has a round doorknob, and that I periodically encase it in a new, colourful cover I have just developed! My neighbours saw them and asked me to produce one for them, and since then I have successfully been selling my various crochet doorknob covers online, in my Etsy shop:

crochet doorknob covers
crochet doorknob covers

crochet doorknob covers
flower crochet doorknob covers

crochet doorknob covers
crochet doorknob covers in t-shirt yarn


But why would one choose to add covers to their doorknobs? There is more than just one reason:



1) they protect from bumps (or at least they reduce harm risk)
2) they protect the knobs from wear and scratches
3) they protect the walls from ugly indentations
4) ...they're the cutest home decor idea! :-)


PATTERN FOR CROCHET DOORKNOB COVERS


Do you also know that, if you can crochet - and I mean really basic crochet here -, you can make your own doorknob covers yourselves? Yes, because I am sharing with you my personal instructions on how to create them. This pattern is super easy-peasy to do and follow, a quick project that will also help you use up all of those scraps of yarn "sleeping" in your yarn basketsbut very gratifying too, in the end. You can pick it up here:

crochet doorknob covers
pattern for crochet doorknob cover



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts